A Blog Award!
February 13, 2012 § 5 Comments
I write in this space mostly for myself (ok, secretly I hope there are a few of you out there reading my ramblings) but I write because it gives me structure and forces me to take a moment in the week and put pen to my thoughts and imaginary friends. So I was touched and surprised when fellow 12 X 12 in 2012 participant Margaret Grenias at http://pentoprint.blogspot.com presented me with the Liebster Blog Award. I am very touched that you picked my blog. Thank you Margaret!
“Liebster is a German word, meaning dearest or beloved, but it can also mean favorite. The idea behind the Liebster Blog Award is that it is given to bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers in order to create new connections and bring attention to their blogs.”
I am required to thank the giver, add the award to my blog, list five things about myself, and select five bloggers to whom I wish to bestow a Liebster Blog Award.
So here’s 5 random new things about myself –
1. I have extremely high standards for coffee and pomegranates but couldn’t care less about the clothes I wear.
2. I am a working mom with two kids, and besides having a website, am on facebook, twitter, wordpress and pinterest. I really don’t know how people like me actually get any work done.
3. I learnt how to swim when I was 28, but still suck at it.
4. I am in awe of and slightly intimidated by Doctors. There I said it!
5. My all-time comfort food is yogurt and rice, with a little pickle.
Ok – so here are my awardees! All of the below bloggers are either illustrators or designers and I absolutely loved their work, sensibility and style. I hope you will check them out..
1. Carter Higgins http://designofthepicturebook.com/
2. Kathryn Ault Noble www.kathrynaultnoble.wordpress.com/
3. Priya Kuriyan http://priyakuriyan.blogspot.com/
4. Suzanne Del Rizzo http://suzannedelrizzo.blogspot.com
5. Sylvia Liu http://www.sylvialiuland.com